Eating Together

Welcome to The Gospel Feast

Eating Together

Food is significant. It is through food that Adam and Eve rebel. It is with food that God grows dependence in the Israelites in the dessert. Finally, Jesus holds up bread and wine during his last meal with his disciples and says it is his body and blood. Food and drink become metaphors and tastes of the gospel

Read this

Children in Missional Communities

We treat our children like full participants in our communities. They serve, they eat, and they grow in their understanding of the gospel right alongside us. However, it is also beneficial to create intentional spaces for them to learn the gospel and to have freedom to play and enjoy their friends. This is our simple process to care for kids in weekly missional community discussion times. We generally have our younger children share in the eating and the mealtime, but then separate kids and adults for our 45 minutes times of prayer and discussion times.

Read this

The Limits of Missional Communities

Missional communities as a structure and a discipleship conviction are not a one-stop shop and solution for discipleship. Missional communities are way to organize the sending of the church into the world to be faithful to the commands of Jesus in growing in our devotion to God, one another, and our neighbors. However; many people ask me: “Do missional communities work?” Well, in many areas missional communities don’t.

Read this

A “Normal” Missional Community Meeting

How can this moment become more than just an agenda item on everyone’s planner? How is it more than just a ‘thing’ you lead? The weekly missional community meeting is the “garden plot” of missional leadership. A weak or disorganized weekly gathering produces similar results. An intense and over structured meeting can suck the life […]

Read this

How to Share Leadership in a Missional Community

You cannot lead a missional community on your own and you aren’t supposed to even try. But sharing leadership with others is hard, especially when you don’t know the different roles. This post examines the types of leadership roles to be shared and the servant responsibilities to be delegated. Sharing Leadership Roles You’re inclined to be a […]

Read this

Start With A Common Mission

The result of the church being sent is that we live as a community of disciples—not only devoted to Jesus and to one another—but devoted to our neighbors and our city, too. When we come to Christ, we are sent on his mission in his community. You are called to work together and be together […]

Read this

3 Reasons to Love Your Missional Community

A missional community is a group of people who are devoted to Jesus, to one another, and to their neighbors and city! They’re disciples of Jesus committed to being disciples and making disciples of Jesus together. I love my gospel community on mission. It’s messy, frustrating, and sometimes fun. But I love it. Here are three […]

Read this

The Christian Calendar and Missional Community

As Americans, we love  innovation, planning, and strategy. We want to strip ourselves free of old tradition and boring practices that tie people down. Freedom is being able to work outside of the box. The missional community movement is the innovation that breaks from the tradition and into a new reality where the Church can […]

Read this

Top 3 Missional Community Misconceptions

This is a fact of life: when people are talking and listening crucial things get misunderstood. Unspoken expectations and burdens are shared unintentionally between two communicating forces. No one has ever written a book, done a training, or intentionally led people to these missional community misunderstandings. And yet, these three misconceptions are prevalent. It has […]

Read this

Praying Together

“Prayer is a moment of incarnation – God with us. God involved in the details of my life.” — Paul Miller, A Praying Life A key ingredient in gospel focused community and community on mission is prayer. Yet, our prayers and times in prayer together are often too small. Not in length but in scope. […]

Read this

Contact

Thank you! I have received your message.

name

email